Friday, September 19, 2014

Day 1 Itinerary and Tales

We arrived in Paris at about 8:15 on the morning of September 19.   After being allowed to enter the country and collecting our luggage, we set about figuring out how to get to our hotel (it should be mentioned here that Lori prepared a detailed itinerary which actually told us how to get to our hotel-- the task here was to implement her plan!  We found the information booth at the airport and learned how to take the train from CDG to Paris, bought our tickets and at the same time bought Museum passes.

I'm proud to say that we didn't once get "lost" or go in the wrong direction, due largely to the collective intellect of our group.  We did face one harrowing moment, though.  We needed to exit the "B" train and connect with the "6."  We had figured out what to do and were boarding.  That is, Tom boarded, and then all the doors began to close.  I thought to myself that of all of us, he would be the best able to  handle the metro on his own.  But then he looked at me through the doors with a look that said, "What in the h___ am I going to do?" and I realized that he did not know the stop we should be exiting at.  I think it was Christi who saw that another door on the car was still open.  She boarded, followed by Scott, Scott, Lori and me.  Well, except that everyone was getting pretty jammed in the entrance to the car and I was not completely on-- my backpack was not completely in.  A woman to the left of the door probably saved my life when she grabbed me by the arm and pulled me further into the car.

And that is it for tonight's report.  It's 1am and I need some sleep before we meet for breakfast at 7:30.  I'll finish the Day 1 report sometime later....

No comments:

Post a Comment